Every day I hear from mums who are panicking about the impending kids birthday party! Concerns ranging from guest numbers blowing out of proportion to the pressure of measuring up to other parties and choosing the best birthday party entertainment are very common. This need not be the case, its just a matter of keeping it simple and having the key ingredients in place.
There are a vast array of children’s party solutions on offer ensuring the success of your child’s party. The Melbourne kids party services available are varied and numerous which can create the question of who to select. There are a few important factors to consider when selecting the best choice for your party. Venue, guest numbers, date and time are the first elements to consider, once these have been set down other plans can be made with confidence.
Whether you decide to have your child’s party at a venue, community house, hall, local park or restaurant/café , the need for kids birthday party entertainment is perhaps the most crucial. There are some top notch kids party entertainers in Melbourne providing high energy games, face painting, magic and ballooning for eager little party goers all year round. Booking through a reputable agency is essential in terms of ensuring reliability and talent. When comparing the services on offer, refer to their testimonials and photos of previous parties to get a feel for the standard you can expect.
Once you have sent out your party invites, booked in your child’s party character or booked in a venue which provides activities there just the food to organize. It is all too easy to get swept up with the latest theme trends and over complicating the party food often ensues. Keep it simple! Kids are happy with a basic party food fare and piece of cake. The excitement of mingling, games and entertainment is so overwhelming that the food can often be forgotten anyway, with little ones heading straight for the lolly bags.
Follow this simple structure and eliminate that kids party stress.
- Decide on details and send out invites
- Book an experienced children’s entertainer or venue which provides some sort of entertainment (adventure play ground, jumping castles etc) Try not to have too much entertainment on offer though as this can be overwhelming, choose one per year.
- Make up basic fun lolly bags or have a simple lucky dip instead as the kids are leaving
- Don’t buy into party pressure to compete with the Jones’, the best kids parties I have hosted were simple, allowing the parents to take photos and actually relax.
- Have a basic range of sure fire party food or opt for a sausage sizzle instead!
- Relax and enjoy this precious and memorable occasion, let yourself off the party stress hook and everyone will have a most enjoyable time!